Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I Look Slender?

In a bizarre twist at the gym, someone actually spoke to me last night. No it wasn't a man. Damn and blast. Gym Hottie wasn't there. I had no drooling action going on.

It was some random lady who I had seen there before who decided to strike up the conversation by telling me I looked like I had really lost weight. I did my best not to cock my head to the side and go WTF or FTW depending on my level of confusion.

She hasn't been to the gym in about 2 months. I wondered where she was, because...well she was one of the only normal people that ever spoke to Gym Hottie, and I still have a pipe dream that one day he might say "hi" to me. She's actually a nice woman, probably a little older than I am with a young son.

Seriously even stupid conversation about weight etc is welcome at that gym. That was one of the things that Curves had going for it. The people there talked and became friends. You can exercise and chat. Honest!

When you are surrounded by hordes of little skinny college girls, it's nice to someone "normal" to talk to. It keeps the rage down. I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to walk out of there, drive up to Wendy's, Burger King or McDonald's and shove the most calorie laden burger down the throat of one of those stick thin wenches that make me feel like a heifer by just being there in their next to nothing workout clothes.

Please put away your pelvic bone, it's most unattractive. If anyone can tell me what is attractive about a 95 lb woman that's about 5'5 I'd really like to hear it, because personally I think it's gross.

I'm 5'2.5 and I weigh somewhere in the 135-ish range..That can be anywhere from 133 up to 139 depending on what demon device I'm standing on. I don't think I'm horribly fat. I think if I weighed 95 lbs, people would be sending me to the doctor to find out what disease I was wasting away from though.

Why can't we be allowed to look normal? Why do these sticks make me feel so damn inadequate. Oh and why does it have to ruin the pleasure I get when I'm eating a good meal. Damn it, I like food.

0 comments: