Friday, November 02, 2007

Missing You


100_2144
Originally uploaded by moodylady
Last Nov 2, my lovable little orange kitty passed on to the Heavyside Layer. Today I'm remembering him like it was yesterday.

He was a sweet, loving little boy, who lived to see 20 years, most of which were spent with us.

He chose us. He was a stray that just kept coming back to our front porch until I cried and cried and made my parents agree to let him in. At first he was a bit wild, fighting with Mutchka, our only other cat at the time and the dogs, climbing screen doors and every manner of bad things. But over the years he was with us he grew calmer and sweeter.

The last year of his life was a rough one. If any of us could have done it, he should have been put down. But Buddah was a fighter until the end, even when a stroke all but paralyzed him, he fought. He fought to get to the litter box, even when he missed. He fought to get to his food, which he wolfed down even on his dying day.

Today at 10 a.m. I will cry just a little, remember the call I made to check on him to find he had passed, and the call I made to my boss to please let me go home so I could bury him.

Buddah my sweet little boy, I love you and I still miss you.

0 comments: