Friday, November 09, 2007

Top 5 On Friday - Week 149

From Music Memoirs


Top 5 albums that have been in your collection the longest.


I'm not sure how accurate this is going to be.

I'll start with one first that I do remember:

Then And Now The Best Of The Monkees: This CD has been in my collection since it was released in 86



My first Monkees album was a vinyl copy of their Arista Greatest Hits album when I was about 5 or 6.

Olivia Newton-John - Physical



I loved Olivia, still do. She has a great voice. And yes, I know that Physical was so cheesy and awful at the time, but I was a kid and it was great!

And well to be honest the next album on the list has to belong to her too.

Olivia's Greatest Hits Vol 2



I came to know Cliff Richard through this CD because it had Suddenly on it. Oh and have I mentioned Xanadu? I wanted to be Keira as a small girl. I always wanted to be someone's muse, plus I wanted to skate like they did in the movie!

Now it's going to be a bit embarrassing

Culture Club - Colour By Numbers



I think I still have the vinyl copy of this one. Karma Chameleon was such a great song, it's a shame Boy George is such a train wreck.

And not to ignore The Beatles or rather a Beatle:

Paul McCartney - Tug Of War



I remember buying this one at Hills Dept Store back in what 82. Ballroom Dancing was my favorite song, and Here Today made me cry even at 6.

I couldn't use any actual Beatles albums here, because I can't remember when I got them and my first Beatles album is actually my brother's which I snagged from him when I found it in an old cupboard. But Beatles 65' has been with me for a long long time too.

0 comments: