Thursday, November 29, 2007

It Was 6 Years Ago Today

That the world lost George Harrison. What a sad day this is indeed. It's a day that I try to forget about, truth be told. I hate being reminded, but I belong to too many Beatley sites not to be.

I miss George.

Even now, a full 6 years since his death, it's hard to accept. He was my favorite Beatle. I have all his solo material on one format or another, and yes, Bilbo, The Concert For Bangledesh is even on 8-track. I didn't buy that one though. It was found, back when my stereo had an 8-track deck. I still need to get that one on CD, even though it's one I probably won't listen to much.

What's the hardest is knowing that I'll never hear any new George Harrison songs. I wish Olivia would unearth something that he had done or put some of the b-sides or something on an album. I know when they remastered the Dark Horse albums, some songs didn't get added that should have. I'm still sad that the only copy of Lay His Head is on the Got My Mind Set On You single and on a bootleg. That was such a beautiful song. Have a listen.

Lay His Head


George, I miss you and your wonderful voice.



0 comments: