Friday, November 24, 2006

Top 5 On Friday - Week 99

This is my meme from Music Memoirs.

Top 5 long songs (songs over 5 minutes)

1. Gordon Lightfoot - The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald
This is one of my favorite songs. It's so haunting and sad. Gord pays a fiting tribute to the 29 that lost their lives on 11/10/75 on the frigid waters of Lake Superior.

2. Justin Hayward - Silverbird
Justin is good at writing really long songs. This one is from his Moving Mountains CD. It's simply beautiful. It's probably one of my favorites from his solo albums as well.

3. The Moody Blues - Isn't Life Strange
I love this song, just because it's so strange. And if you think Nights would make my list you've got another thing coming. I hate hate hate Nights. Have I mentioned that?

4. Elvis Costello & The Attractions - I Want You
The best angsty stalkeresque songs ever.

5. The Beatles - Hey Jude
Sing it with me, damn it. Na Na Na Nananana Nananana Hey Jude!

0 comments: