Friday, November 10, 2006

Top 5 On Friday - Week 97

From Music Memoirs

Top 5 - Artists/Bands that should just stop singing. (Tell us why you chose them too)

This one is so easy it's hard.

Celine Dion - This woman needs to not only stop singing she needs to go away, far far away. I don't even thing she belongs in Las Vegas, but isn't that where creepy lounge singer types go to rest out their lives?

If so, she does belong there, but I'm in firm belief that even Las Vegas doesn't deserve her chest bashing self and her squawlling screeching vocals. No one deserves that. Above all else, no one deserves to hear that damn Titanic song more than it's already been played.

Britney Spears - I don't want to hear her sing. I don't want to hear her talk about her divorce. I don't want to hear her at all.

At least she had brains enough to protect some of her fortune by getting Kfed to sign a prenup, unlike some artists that are a hundred times smarter and more talented. I guess the smart part is debatable now.

::sigh::

Make this skanky talentless twit go away!

Justin Timberlake - In N'Sync he was tolerably cute. Heck, I admit to liking It's Gonna Be Me and Bye Bye Bye, they were cute cheesy pop songs. Sexyback? Yikes!

Oh and if that's not bad enough, he's recording a song with Duran Duran.

NO NO NO.

Someone must stop him before that song sees the light of day.

If it's anything like Sexyback, I will not only cry but I will probably lose all the love I once had for Duran Duran, and isn't losing the love for Elvis Costello enough for now?

Bon Jovi - In their heyday they were a good hair band, but seriously, how many times can you make the same song over and over. I mean listen to the stuff, assuming you like to have your ears bleed. It's Living on A Prayer with different lyrics.

Give it up Jon Boy. I'd tell ya to go back to New Jersey, where you came from, but I don't wish to pollute that state with anymore egotistical rockers. They have the Boss anyway and he's more than enough.

Rod Stewart - Isn't it bad enough that he's killed some classic American songs, now he's killing classic rock songs. Stop him. His career is over. Marry your blonde model bimbo, beget a few dozen more kids, divorce her and grow older and less talented far far away from the prying eyes of the world, please and thank you.

There is no need to go on humiliating yourself with these wretched albums. Stop now, while you have a shred of dignity.

Oh wait, too late.

Just go away!

0 comments: