Saturday, November 18, 2006

The Love May Be Returning

I actually willingly listened to some Elvis Costello today and it didn't annoy me very much. Yay. It's kinda funny that I no longer lust after him. Come to think of it, I don't really lust after any of my hunks anymore. Well except that one that keeps getting mentioned on a daily basis. You know that DJ from WPKL. Yeah. I need help.

But back to EC.

I've been weaning him back into my playlists again. Slowly and only because I spent a few days with my collection on random. At the beginning of the week I was seriously considering deleting some of the files on my computer. Mostly the bonus discs of tracks I don't really listen to anyway.

So this morning I put my EC files on random. I managed to go through an hours worth of music before I moved onto Gordon Lightfoot. But I did put him back on. And the album I have on now? Blood and Chocolate. I don't know what it is about this particular CD but if I had to say which EC disc was my favorite, I think this one would have to be it. There's not a song on it that I don't like and I can't say that of some of my other favorites, including Brutal Youth, which would likely come in second, with third probably being Mighty Like A Rose.

I feel better now that I can listen to him again. It's like an old friend coming home. I've just got to remember not to listen to North or The River In Reverse and I'll be ok.

0 comments: