Monday, February 09, 2004

Doing That Mix CD Thing

Sometimes I wonder if Tay and I are the only people that get excited about doing mixes. I had to edit my Love mix today, finding that the last song didn't fit. How odd? Which also means I have to redo my art work.

ARGH

On a weird note, I was trying to find a mix today that I had made, and I randomly tossed a cdr into the stereo. What did I get? That blasted reindeer song!! ARGH!

Yeah. I had a Christmas Mix in the cd player, and once it was in there, I just couldn't take it out.

A pox on the wives of the Moody Men for recording such a beautiful album and worse still a Christmas album. It doesn't help matters that Elvis Costello's St Stephen's Day Murders is on the mix. That song is fantastic all year long.

Wow! I just can't believe I got sucked into the Christmas Mix.

Then when I gave up on that mix, I pull up my Windows Media Player and the song I've been listening to for ages is Warren Zevon's Keep Me In Your Heart. Can I just say that's one of the saddest songs I've ever listened to? It's up there with George Harrison's Stuck Inside A Cloud.

I'm tempted to do a Dead Rocker's Society Mix. That could be interesting, but it could also be depressing. I know when I was thinking about the Beatles Tribute that they did on the Grammy Awards, (That show I refused to watch) I realized that John Lennon has been dead most of my life. I was 6 years old when he died. Funny that he's touched my life so much, when he wasn't even living. Even now when I know he's not half the man I thought him to be, he's still in my mind quite often.

Maybe I will make that Dead Rockers Mix. There are so many people I can include; Robert Palmer, Warren Zevon, The Clash, George Harrison, John Lennon, Elvis Presley (there are a few songs of his I like), Dusty Springfield, Buddy Holly, the list is getting longer. That's really sad actually

0 comments: