Saturday, February 28, 2004

Well I Turned the Telly On Today

I thought, this would be a nice morning to let Vh-1 Classic soothe my savage beastie. Apparently not. It's obviously play every god awful cheesy bad band day. God, I just was subjected to 80's Starship. With the exception of Knee Deep In the Hoopla, Starship lost their edge years before. The 80's sound just didn't seem right on this bunch, plus Grace Slick wasn't doing much singing. So it was awful.

Then there was REO Speedwagon. Oh god, stop the insanity.

But that's not it. I'm being subjected to ELO now.

GAH! Could I get some 80's music that's good please, or better yet some classic rock that's good.

Nevermind, Sweet Jane is on, and I'm finding the Velvet Underground to be a relief. Something is seriously wrong with me. Cos I generally think Lou Reed is the anti-Christ, but this is one of 3 or 4 songs of his that I really like. At least that made up for the rest.

And while I'm on the subject of cheesy 80's music, I had another weird dream last night. I was talking to MoodyMistress about Justin Hayward's I'm Sorry, a song written by Hall and Oates. So guess who popped up in my dream?

If you're thinking Justin Hayward, well you're wrong.

I had a dream with John Oates!

GAH! Not even the cute one.

Creepy isn't it?

Makes the odd music that's tormenting me seem fitting. When Hall and Oates comes on I'll probably go nuts and run screaming from the room.

0 comments: