Wednesday, February 18, 2004

And Now For a Few Random Thoughts

~ Some of you may have noticed that there are a few changes here and there on the blog. Yup, that can mean only one thing, NEW TEMPLATE COMING! courtesy of coffeequeen. She's done a beautiful job and I can't wait to share it with you.

~Every time I go to make a mix cd there is always one song that I thought I had on the hard drive that isn't really there. I try to keep my hard drive clean, but sometimes it's just best to keep the mp3's on the computer.

~Miss Tay has suggested that maybe there should be a community for mix cd swaps. I think it's a great idea! I also think that rather than having to send out 3 - 4 discs (some to people that aren't sending you one), you should have a mix partner for that swap. That way you only have to worry about burning 1 disc, and the cost isn't as high as if you were burning for many partners.

~ I don't think I've mentioned here, but I'm going to see David Bowie on May 17th. Our seats are incredibly close. 3 rows back, but first row side. So Squee!

~Justin Hayward updated his website. Another one of those dog looks to my man, Justiny Poo. He talked about all sorts of things in his update, one being the reissue of 2 of his solo albums, Songwriter and Night Flight. Both that were supposed to be reissued next week. He assured us they would be out by March. (cough, cough...holding up progress are we now) Guess he decided to go over the liner notes and art with a fine tooth comb, to avoid any hassle.

~Guzzlefish is evil. I know I've said that before, but if you submit a title, it takes forever for them to post it. I'm still waiting on several titles I had to submit because they weren't listed on the site. And I still don't have half of my collection listed because of this.

~Having a huge blow up with a parent or friend is hell on the creativity. Fought with my mum over the Bowie show yesterday. (Too long to go into) Needless to say, I got zippo writing done. Will remedy that today, I hope.

0 comments: