Sunday, February 15, 2004

It's That Time Again

Kymberlie is hosting her seasonal Burn It - CD Swap. I'm really hesitant to sign up this time. Mostly because there's always at least one person that doesn't send out the disc. But hey, it's only a few bucks and I get to torture someone with my creepy taste in music, so in a way, it's kinda good.

So that part I can almost handle, it's just the one stipulation that was added last swap that kind of irks me. Everyone that signs up for this, has to send Kymberlie a mix as well, to keep track of who's sending the mixes and who isn't. Oh yeah, the more people that sign up, the more music, for who? Yeah, I had to gripe. It just seems to me to be unfair, when we're still not sure if any controls are placed on the people that sign up for these.

I was lucky in the Summer edition to have some great CD Swap partners as well as in an off shoot burn done a few months later, called the Quintessential Burn. Some great music was shared both times. I've also gained some great blogger friends that way! I enjoy making mixes, as most of you can tell. It's one of my guilty pleasures in life. I hate to feel taken advantage of though, even if it is over a few dollars. (And yes, I'll likely sign up for this, and yes, everyone that's in my group will get a cd from me, and I'll very grudgingly send Kymberlie hers as well) But I will keep thinking, if 33 people sign up for the Burn-It, that means someone is getting quite a nice chunk of new music, and it isn't me.

I feel bad for griping about this, because I love doing this, but it does leave me feeling taken advantage of.

0 comments: