Saturday, February 14, 2004

Sharing the Love

OK...doing the Saturday 8 as a late thing this Valentine's Day. I found it very amusing.

saturday-8 :: calling all romantics

1. give us your thoughts on valentine's day ... over-hyped, commercial holiday, or a nice day to share with a 'sweetie?'
Valentine's Day is a good combination of all three. I think it can be a wonderful day to show someone you love that you care, but do you really need a day designated for it? If your single and without a significant other, it's a depressing day and likely you'll see it as over-hyped and commerical. If you have someone, well you'll want to do something with that person. Myself, I see it as a day that causes as much stress as Christmas, and I'm quite glad I'm the most unlovable female on the planet, and will never have to worry about "him" not buying me a present or dumping me right before the holiday.

2. do you have a valentine this year? if so, who is it? if not, who would your perfect valentine be?
Being unlovable I don't have a Valentine...but as for the perfect Valentine...well it's not a hard guess right?





3. this year, my secretary and i do not have valentines, so we're going to get dinner and go hang out at a gay bar together. a friend of mine tsk'd and said, "oh, lonely hearts club, huh?" that offended me, because we're not lonely ... we just don't have a MAN, plus we have each other to hang out with! do you feel sorry for people who do not have a valentine today?
No, not really. No reason too. Some people are single because they want to be. In this enlightened age, having a man or woman in your life is not necessary to fulfillment. I think there are a lot of people out there that have the belief that you can't have a good life without being married, and that's why there are so many failed marriages. Some people aren't meant to cohabitate and be married.

4. my stbx-husband is coming over today to do the things around the house he promised to. he also called to ask if he could bring me lunch. guilt is a WONDERFUL motivator! tell us about something romantic you did because you felt guilty.
Sad to say I can add nothing to this question. I don't believe in guilt.

5. do you have any plans for valentine's day? if you don't, tell us about your perfect valentine's day fantasy.
My plans as I said before were eating chocolate and Chinese food. As for my perfect Valentine's Day fantasy...hmmm...let's just say it involves the man pictured earlier in this post, the rest you don't need to know.

6. i'm going out to the mall today (after i get my chores done, of course), and shopping for a red dress or a red corset-type bustier to wear out tonight. tell us about the hottest vday outfit you can think of for a man/woman (your choice!). and 'birthday suit' doesn't count, people! ;)
I don't know...John Lodge in his leather pants is a quite a sight. Come to think of it Justin Hayward in his leather pants is also quite a sight. So I think you know what my answer is now, right?

7. my friend invited me to TWO weddings today. my friend has her 11th wedding anniversary today. do you think it's a good idea or a bad idea to get married or propose on such a day?
Well, it's kind of trite, but hey, no one will forget your anniversary!

8. there is a lot of debate and discussion about same-sex marriages. san francisco recently married a lesbian couple who have been together for FIFTY-ONE YEARS. do you think that gays and lesbians should be able to share their love and marry just like heteros? be as safe or as controversial in your answer as you like ... this question isn't supposed to bring you flames on your site. i'd just like to know what other bloggers think!
Love actually, is everywhere. Fifty one years is quite an acheivement for anyone and shows an enduring love. I don't see how it could be wrong. Love transcends sex, race and age. Find it where you can!