Wednesday, February 04, 2004

Cheap DVDs

I just want to say, Don Juan De Marco for 5.99 is a steal. Which is why I love going through the bargain dvd bins at WalMart and Best Buy. I've found a few really awesome movies that way. (and some really cheesy ones too)

The best part about the bin at WalMart is watching people going through them. It's like a treasure hunt. I have to admit, I've never been good at hunting for treasure. I always come up with zilch. Still I have managed to find 2 or 3 movies in the "Great Find Bin" at Walmart.

Which ones?

Let's see, I found Novacaine, a little known movie that Steve Martin starred in. (Danny Elfman did the main titles and Steve Bartek did the score) I found Object of Beauty. John Malkovich is in the movie, you shouldn't have to ask anymore questions there. Oh and UHF! How could I forget UHF. Ok, don't ask, it's pretty easy, but it's one of those goofy movies I love. Oh and there's nothing wrong with Weird Al!!

~skips off humming Amish Paradise~

But really, if you ever want to waste a few minutes on some free entertainment, go to your local WalMart and stand near the bargain dvd bin. Oh the hilarity that will ensue. There have been times when I thought customers were going to dive right into the bin. (As if there was something really great in there) Or better yet, when they build the leaning tower of DVDs with their discard pile. ~ special note, the bargain dvd bin has about 10 titles in it, and a zillion copies of those 10 titles. (except for Don Juan De Marco....they only have one copy of that one) So it's like watching about 10 adults bob for apples or look for the needle (or the Depp) in the haystack. Let the hee haw hilarity ensue!

0 comments: