Monday, February 09, 2004

Ho Hum

If the Grammy Awards had anything on them worth watching I might have done that, but as I really didn't want to listen to people whine about how sorry they were about last week's Super Boob, I opted to just read about it this morning. Oh and rather I meant one person whine about it. Yes Mr. Timberlake, you're sorry about the whole sad affair. So am I.

Whoda thunk a boob would cause an international incident?

Aren't there better things to be concerned with? God it's still a top story on My Yahoo page. Nothing else is going on in the world right now apparently.

So I read through the winners list, and grew increasingly more and more depressed, but it wasn't as though the winners weren't as predicted, it's worse than the damn Oscars. (which really if you watched the Globes you'll know who wins 95 % of the time) Gee, Beyonce won a few dozen awards...never would have guessed it. (Not a few dozen..a half dozen...OK how about this...way too many)

There was one thing I read about that really made me wish I had tuned in. Celine Dion's mic apparently didn't work for awhile during the Luther Vandross tribute. Now there's something to be proud of. I only feel for the people in the first few rows that actually heard her sing. Nah..they are only talentless artists and industry big wigs...let em suffer.

At least everyone kept their clothes on. YAY!

On a plus note some talented musicians won awards. To counteract that plus they were dead talented musicians. But I send out congrats to the heavens to Mr. Harrison and Mr. Zevon. I'll keep both of them in my heart for awhile.

On a non Grammy related note: Mr. Costello performed at the MusiCares Person of the Year thingie. My guess is Sting was the Person of the Year, since the song performed was Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic. Yes, EC will sing anything. Sometimes he makes a fool of himself, but that's ok, just another reason to love him. In this case I'm hoping he was handling backing vocals though. Cos semi-regaee type Elvis scares me just a tad.

So to counteract all the crap and general unattractiveness of the Grammy crowd, (Christina Aguilera, you know who you are) I bring you Elvis Costello.