Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Tuesday Tunes - Week 1

I revamped the old Tuesday meme and this is the first week under a new name.

It's from Music Memoirs
~ How important are the lyrics to you when it comes to a song.
The lyrics are very important. First of all, I'm a sing-a-long kind of girl. Even if the lyrics make no sense as some of my favorite artists' songs don't, they still need to be good. I hate to be singing and have that WTF feeling.

Secondly I like pretty things and that extends to lyrics as well. I love a pretty romantic lyric.

Thirdly if I can't have pretty things...I like things that are snarky. Snark is good for the soul.


~ Tell us some lyrical wisdom.


Hang my head and shut my eyes
What kind of justice is this?
Fool I was, I thought that you fought fire with fire
Got to be more than just a soul for hire
~ Soul For Hire - Elvis Costello

It's such a shame you had to break the heart
You could have counted on but the last thing you need is another
…Episode of blonde
~ Episode of Blonde - Elvis Costello
(I'd like to dedicate that lyric to my favorite person in the universe too)

I'm just about glad
That we never did that thing we were going to do
I'm just about glad I can look you in the eye
But I can't say the same for you
And though the passion still flutters and flickers
It never got into our knickers
For all of the courage that we never had
~ Just About Glad - Elvis Costello

~ Who writes the best lyrics and why?
Elvis Costello: He seems to be able to write anything. He writes good scream at the top of your lungs rockers, simply snarky songs, and lordy he writes some pretty lovely love songs too. Oh and he really just gets better with age too. His new albums are just as good as some of the first.

0 comments: