Wednesday, September 19, 2007

It Was A Good Day

It's funny how a day that I didn't think would be all that great ended up turning out nicely.

And it all started with a small IM conversation with the person I least expected to chat with.

I'll give you three guesses and I'm sure the first guess you all make will be right.

So yeah, random chats with this person put a smile on my face for the whole day.

A big plus....

I got mom to and from her doctors appointment in Pittsburgh without a hitch! I miss Pittsburgh. I really love the city. I love walking around, taking in the sites and sounds and smells and food. I don't do it nearly enough.

Afterwards, I drove her through The South Side Works, because it had been years since she was on Carson Street and I wanted to show her the new shopping district. I think it made her day. She's seen more of the city during this hospital jaunt than any of her others.

I went to Best Buy and picked up the two CDs I had been desiring, namely Across The Universe and the new Diana Krall Best Of. I promptly canceled my order of that one when I got home. I bought the CD/DVD edition, so I'm happy and I don't have to wait for 2 more weeks for it. I'm terribly an impatient sort.

After that we had a nice lunch at Quaker Steak & Lube. I love their wings, but not as much as I love the wings at Buffalo Wild Wings.

So things are quite nice as I end the day today. I got to chat to the person I love chatting to. I went to the Burgh. I had a good lunch. I got a couple of CDs. More days should be like this one.

0 comments: