Friday, September 07, 2007

I Think I'll Survive It

We have to be in Pittsburgh by 9 a.m. on Monday for my mother's pacemaker surgery. That's later than usual and it fills me with dread, because I'm going to have to navigate to Shadyside in the middle of rush hour. Dear lord help me!

At least we'll be staying at a hotel for the night, while mom's in the hospital. The Courtyard Marriot is right next door to the hospital. And yay, it has a fitness center! So I can run on a treadmill to work off my frustrations!

I also went out and bought a few books for the occasion, because no wait in a hospital is complete without a book to calm the nerves. I've learned that cheesy romances don't work in this situation, so I went to KMart in search of some new reading material.

This is what I came home with.

Marley and Me



I've heard wonderful things about this book, I can't wait to read it. But I must! Because I've already finished Pattie Boyd's book and I want something entertaining.

I also got my Zooba book this week. I love Zooba! It's the best book club out there.

Nick Hornby's A Long Way Down



That should tide me over for the long boring part of my 2 days in the City of Pittsburgh. I hope I can find some good places to eat while I'm wandering from hotel to hospital too.

0 comments: