Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Bizarre Cover Song

OMG! That was pretty much what I said when I heard Enuff Z'Nuff's cover of Tears Of A Clown.

It was so bizarre that I listened to it more times than anyone should have to listen to any given song that they are undecided about. It's like a gory accident, you just keep coming back to it.

But back in the day, when I was known to listen to bands like Poison and Def Leppard (OK, I still listen to Da Leps on ocassion) this was another band I liked, mostly because I liked that they took a bit of the 60's psychedelicness and ran with it in their sound.

I've always had a fondness for the 60's. Bet you haven't guessed that, right?

New Thing and Fly High Michele were 2 songs I really liked. I think it helped that Rick Nielson and Robin Zander from Cheap Trick appeared on their first album.

But back to the song in question, it's just so...so...so...indescribable that you'll just have to listen to it yourself. That way you can be left with that same feeling of shock, awe, disgust or perhaps its just that WTF feeling of a song that's definitely not supposed to sound this way.

0 comments: