Thursday, September 27, 2007

Daydreaming At The Gym

Yesterday was one of those days were I was at the gym, but just barely. I found myself sitting at a machine...my mind drifting off to other places and people. Not what I call a good workout, but I suppose I'm not the only one that's ever suffered from gym daydreaming.

It seems this is something that occurs at regular fitness centers. You can't daydream at Curves unless you are the only person there. Eventually the "Change Stations Now" prompt will have someone knocking you off whatever machine/cardio square and moving. There's nothing like that at Jack's so I can find myself staring out into space for minutes before finishing a set.

It hasn't helped that gym hottie hasn't been in at the time I've been working out this week. (Boo! to that) At least if he's there, I'm drooling a bit, and concentrating on my workout, so I don't look like a weak old woman.

No, rather than having something to drool on, my mind was centered on the fact that I'm in a place in my life right now that I don't want to be. I'm not happy. I feel like I'm wasting time, and in some aspects that's true. In other aspects I'm just biding my time, and I have to remind myself that. This is just limbo right now and in about a year, all will be well.

I've been fighting the good fight since 2003. I've been depending on others...Soon...soon I may be slightly more self reliant again. I look forward to that day. Maybe then I can stop drifting to places that don't make me feel any better.

I'd much rather daydream about gym hottie.

0 comments: