Sunday, September 09, 2007

Random 10 - Week 122

From Music Memoirs

10 songs that sum up your weekend...or were on your weekend playlist...and one picture that relates back. (oh, and if you feel like it, tell us why you picked the songs you did)

The songs that stuck out this weekend were so weird and random that it's scary.

Enuff Z'Nuff - Tears Of A Clown
(This cover is so bizarre that it's going to get a post of its own when I get home from Pittsburgh on Tuesday night)

Olivia Newton-John - A Little More Love
(I heard this song when I was going into King's Family Restaurant today. It's stuck in my head most of the day too.)

The Beatles - Think For Yourself
(I've always had a fondness for this Harrison song from Revolver and it played on my Pink Zen of Doom today)

Lynn Anderson - I Never Promised You A Rose Garden
(I was whining about something and country songs got discussed and one thing led to another and here was this song in my head)

Duran Duran - Nite Runner
(Worst Duran Duran song ever but I downloaded it and listened to it about 20 times, hoping that it would get better. It didn't. PAH!)

Natalie Imbruglia - Torn
(Her best of comes out in the UK this week. For some reason this song makes me think of someone

I'm all out of faith, this is how I feel
I'm cold and I am shamed lying naked on the floor
Illusion never changed into something real
I'm wide awake and I can see the perfect sky is torn


The first person to guess who I'm thinking of gets a cookie)

Elvis Costello & The Attractions - The Only Flame In Town
(Moodymistress sent me a You Tube video of this song that's EC without his glasses. It's not the video with Daryl Hall. Just EC, without his glasses looking quite the dishy devil Declan that he is.)

Siouxsie - Into A Swan
(I love the new Siouxsie song from Mantaray!)

Erasure - In The Name Of The Heart
(Please call me darling)

Adam Ant - Ant Rap
(Don't ask...but it made me smile)

And the picture...Atlantic City...where I was supposed to be right now...

0 comments: