Friday, September 28, 2007

Top 5 On Friday - Week 143

From Music Memoirs


Top 5 CDs That You Bought Used

I've bought a lot of CDs used over the years, at stores and now through LaLa in trades.

Andy Taylor - Thunder



This was the first CD by Duran Duran's guitarist, after he left the band the first time. It's a great rocker and in the 90's and now, it's pretty damn hard to find. I found it at a CD shop behind Century III Mall for $5.99!!!


Midge Ure - Pure



I was just getting into Midge when I found this one for under $6. It's an eternal favorite of mine. Midge has a fabulous voice and writes the most beautiful songs.

Times Two - X Two



I know I'm the only one that's heard of this band but it was worth the couple of bucks I shelled out for this one. It's cheesy, happy 80's synth pop and they did an awesome cover of Simon and Garfunkel's Ceclia. Oh and the song Strange But True is great too!

OST - Playing For Keeps



There's a very rare Arcadia track on this one, and when I found this in a used shop I think they could hear my squeal of joy for miles around. Why? This CD itself is pretty hard to find.

Gordon Lightfoot - Waiting For You



This one came from LaLa, and I wish it were in better shape, because it's essentially out of print. (and Gordon's stuff is hard to find to start with) To get a copy I'd have to buy it at Half.com or Amazon Marketplace and pay more than I want to. So for now, I'll try to be content with my $1.75 LaLa deal.

0 comments: