Friday, September 14, 2007

Top 5 On Friday - Week 141

I asked Fishy to provide us with a topic. His brain was empty. (The peanut gallery will remain silent because Fishy is bigger than me and I don't want to get my butt kicked, cos I'm not sure if batting my eyelashes would work at soothing an annoyed Fishy)

But he did provide inspiration for this week's topic....and well I'm going to use his suggestion as a bonus 5.

So if you want to play along...the meme is from Music Memoirs

Top 5 depressing songs.

Seriously...any song written by Mike Pinder!!!

But to give my 5 variety....

Elvis Costello - Still To Soon To Know
(A song about a significant other having an affair and wondering if she's fallen in love with them.)

George Harrison - Stuck Inside A Cloud
(Most of Brainwashed depresses me but this song more than all others)

The Moody Blues - Lost In A Lost World
(It's Pinder! What can I say? Actually it's my favorite Pinder song)

Boingo - Can't See (Useless)
(Danny was having a rough time with a certain female at the time this was written. It shows in a lot of the songs from the Boingo CD too)

Justin Hayward - Bright Eyes
(I like his version better than Art Garfunkel's original, sue me. Either way the song is a real downer.)

Now to sample all the good tunes.




Now are you all ready for the topic sent to me by the Fishy one?

Top 5 reasons Owen Wilson had the right idea?
I'm doing musical reasons. And I just would like to add, good looking men shouldn't try to off themselves. It's just not right!

1. You'd never have to see another train wreck like Britney's performance, or lack thereof, at the VMA's.

2. Duran Duran working with Justin Timberlake and Timbaland has to be a sign that the end of the world is near. Better go now than when the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse show up.

3. You'd not have to see or hear gossip about what new blonde Paul McCartney was seen with. (Each new possible girlfriend makes my head want to explode, so rather get it over with than wait and create a terrible mess.)

4. Barry Manilow and Rod Stewart are still making money on those horrid Songs of the "insert decade here" and American Songbook albums. Worse still Barry has a new one coming out and it's him singing songs of the 70's!!! WTF Barry, you wrote the songs of the 70's. (Pun is f-ing intended)



And good god he did an acoustic version of Mandy! And now I have that stupid song stuck in my head. That is a good reason to go for the bridge!!!!!

5. People still want to hear that horrid Hot Rod Lincoln song! Which goes to show that people's musical taste has always been awful. Damn it, the song is just annoying. It's not cute. It's not funny. And I swear if I hear it one more time!!!!!

BOOM!

That song makes Yummy Yummy Yummy look like a piece of lyrical brilliance.

0 comments: