Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Sing It At The Top Of Your Lungs

When stress gets to me I have a few songs that I find on my mp3 player that I can play and sing along to --- loudly.

Today was a day when those songs were desperately needed. I'm not sure why. There was nothing particularly traumatic about the day.

One of my favorite songs to scream along to these days is Keri Noble's Imperfect. I love Keri. She's probably my favorite female artist these days.

All the other songs come from Elvis Costello. He's my one man stress buster. Essentially the album Blood And Chocolate, is my stress buster. Crimes of Paris, Blue Chair and Battered Old Bird, all take out the frustrations. If that album isn't handy Brutal Youth will do.

It's funny how some musicians/songwriters can say exactly what you want to say and in just the right tone. I swear I've lived out the song Just About Glad from Brutal Youth. Sometimes I mean it more than others. Right now I almost mean it.

Now if you don't mind, I've got some singing to do. Anyone want to join me?

0 comments: