Saturday, September 15, 2007

Another One Of Those Days

A half hour after I woke up this morning I remembered the dream I had and I started crying. I had a dream about a certain little blue cream kitty (kitteh for those of you in I Can Haz Cheezburger Land) that passed from this world to the next last December.

There's something about my Misty-Fa-Cat-Or that brings tears to my eyes every time I think about her, and now I can't get her out of my head. And worse still she was sick in the dream. She had the tumor that eventually killed her, but instead of being sickly thin, as I saw her last, she was plump and active and I was telling the vet that he had only given her 4 months and here it was a year and she was still with us. It's a shame that from the time I had that diagnosis I only had 1 week. I was already preparing to make the call I didn't want to make when she passed.

100_0397


For whatever reason, she's been on my mind a lot today. I don't know if it was because Bootsie jumped on my bed to wake me, hours before I actually got up or if she just wanted to make sure that I hadn't forgotten her.

Misty, I could never forget you. You were a cat in a million.

And because I love you and always will, here's the song I spent a week singing to you, so that I could try to keep your spirits up.

0 comments: