Tuesday, September 18, 2007

More Musical Ramblings

~ I've been going on and on about Across The Universe and now I have yet another reason to Squee! about this film. I didn't know that Eddie Izzard was in the film. That just means I have to see it as soon as I can, which is probably going to be Sunday afternoon. On the Deluxe Edition of the album which is available on that evil site known as Itunes, Eddie's version of Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite can be found. It's totally Eddie.

Just listen



And yes, I love Eddie Izzard. Here's proof.



~ I feel kinda odd about The Clientele. I love the new album, but I haven't been able to get into any of the other albums and I've managed to preview most of them. Is it possible I only like the one album or am I just nutty? Don't answer that.

~ 2.5 weeks til The Grass Roots concert. Why am I not excited? I think it's a case of it's a bunch of bands I kinda like but none that I'm extremely in love with. PAH! And I have 3rd row center seats too. I must be off my noodle.

~ Those Barry Manilow songs are still stuck in my head and I have no one to blame but myself for this calamity!

~ I'm going nuts trying to remember who did the original version of Pictures Of Matchstick Men. I can only remember the band that did the cover of it in the 90's. That was Camper Van Beethoven, and I want to remember on my own rather than by googling it. However if anyone wants to tell me the answer, I would be elated. Fishy played it at the end of his shift today...and it's been driving me batty ever since.

0 comments: