Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Take Me Back Tuesday - Week 139

From Music Memoirs

Are you a completest when it comes to your favorite recording artists? (Meaning do you have to have everything they release even if its another best of compilation or something of that nature)
For the most part, yes, though there are some favorite bands that I've been neglecting because of lack of funds. But for artists like Duran Duran, Erasure, The Beatles and Elvis Costello, I try to have everything I can get my hands on. I still need a few discs to complete my Costello collection. With Erasure I need to get my hands on some CD singles from some of the previous albums. I'm also working on getting all the Gordon Lightfoot CDs.

Obsession is my middle name.

Have you ever bought more than one copy of a certain album? If you did, tell us why.
Yes, and I did it more when I didn't have a CD Burner. I have special edition copies of several CDs. As far as recent CDs go, I have 3 copies of The Moody Blues December. Don't ask.

Which bands make up the majority of your collection? How many CDs, Lps, cassettes etc?
Elvis Costello there has to be at least 50 discs.
Duran Duran 100 + and the same for Erasures. I have CD Singles, promos, you name it. I love these two bands.


Do you buy an album from a band just because you like them or do you wait until you've heard it before making the purchase?

With some artists I do. I'd never do it for Madonna since she has been putting out some serious garbage lately.

0 comments: