Thursday, September 09, 2004

Where is the eden that you dreamed of?

I'm going to immerse myself in music over the next few days. I had a horrible thing happen with a document last night. (a story document) I've decided that the result of that horribleness was a sign that this story truly wasn't meant to be.

It's time to search my mind for new ideas.

Music has always been the best way for me to develop a plot for a story. I have some ideas, but I'm not sure if I want to use them just yet. I may just rework some old stories until the urge hits me to do something new. I like to freshen stories up, after they've been finished for awhile. It gives me a chance to let the story sit and I can look at it as a first time reader. (If you hear that I'm reworking Broken Dreams, please come and hit me with something hard)

I'm really just living for next weekend, where I get to return to the eden that I've been dreaming of since June, Atlantic City. It's only a day trip, but I just want to be there. I don't care if it rains, I'll walk the boardwalk in a downpour!

We're also going to a place near Philly, called Longwood Gardens. Oh and in case you're wondering where we're staying...click here.

When I was planning this trip a few months ago, I found this site. It has some of the most beautiful photos of Longwood that I've seen in ages. I can't begin to tell you how excited I am to be going back there. And if you don't believe that Longwood is eden, click here for more pictures.

My favorite spot at Longwood.

The Chimes Tower



with the Eye of Water coming in a close second



I can't wait to go back!! I haven't been to Longwood in over 10 years and I know my mom is waiting to live vicariously through my photos.

0 comments: