Sunday, September 26, 2004

Under My Feet...The Earth Shook

Still have John Lodge going on in the Winamp. Poor cutie, he's probably tired from all that singing.

It's been quite a weekend, and sadly the earth didn't shake at all at any time this weekend. Drat! That's so wrong.

Between, trying to find a skirt to fit my 97 year old grandmother, writing and getting the hell away from things that were tormenting me, my mind is really shot.

Thank goodness I got away last night for dinner. Had some steak and shrimp at Lone Star and it was quite yummy. Helped me relax and calm down. Let me tell you, shopping with or for a 97 year old that's not even 5'1 is not fun. Plus finding something suitable for a lady that age isn't easy, at least not in normal stores. And then having uninvited company show up and not want to leave for a few hours, really makes things worse.

Don't you hate that? Friends or not, I don't like people that just walk through my front door and decide to stay. I think it's incredibly rude and no amount of telling this friend will stop her.

It makes me want to scream. Or do this

There are a lot of times when I really want to be left alone. I mean, really left alone. Just me, my music and my computer, so I can write. I only got 3 pages done in my story yesterday because of frustration. I've got a concert I don't want to go to tonight, so that will limit that, plus I have to come up with the Music Mambo for BDI.

My brain is going to explode.

All I want to do is sit at home, and write and listen to the new Costello CD. Is that too much to ask for? I know the concert was planned long in advance, before the Atlantic City trip was planned even. It sucks that it had to be the weekend after the trip though. It makes me feel like my time is being dragged away from me. Did I mention the concert is Phil Collins? Try not to mock me too much for it. I like Phil but it's not the concert I really want to be attending. Jamie Cullum is coming to the Burgh in about 2 weeks and is playing the Rex Theater. 18 bucks for tickets, but things being as they are, I can't go to that show. The above mentioned friend bought the tickets for this one, so I'm stuck.

Wish me luck..and wish me patience.

0 comments: