Monday, September 06, 2004

Doin the Mambo

Ok, the power went out just as I was about to post this. Let's see if I can remember some of my answers.

Freedom: A cute song by Paul McCartney written after 9/11
Anthem:

No man, no madness,
Though their sad power may prevail,
Can possess, conquer, my country's heart
They rise to fail

She is eternal
Long before nations' lines were drawn
When no flags flew, and no armies stood
My land was born
Anthem - Chess

Stars: Lost In The Stars - a lovely tuned penned by Kurt Weill
Sea: All At Sea -- Jamie Cullum
Country: Girl - An awful song from Justin Hayward's Songwriter CD
Save:d by the Music - Justin Hayward and John "Lodgey" Lodge
War:is over if you want it (isn't that Yoko's screeching part?)
Glory: glory hallelujah

Have you warmed up now? Ok then, let's get our Mambo going on.

1. Do you like you're country's National Anthem? If not, what song do you think it should be?
There's nothing wrong with the song, just the people that sing it. Sure it's difficult to sing and sure most of us would be happier if we had to sing or listen to America the Beautiful of America (aka My Country Tis of Thee) but how would they torture us before sporting events then? What would we do without Whitney Houston screeching out those wonderful lyrics penned by Francis Scott Key so many years ago? Oh gee, I've been overcome by snark.

2. Are there any patriotic pop songs that you enjoy? What are they?
They may not be patriotic, but I enjoy Paul McCartney's Freedom and John Cougar Mellencamp or is it John Mellencamp...or John Cougar..or whoever that guy is these days...R.O.C.K. in the USA. And I'd be a fibber if I said I didn't like Springstein's Born In the USA for at least 5 minutes.

3. Holiday weekends are a time for picnics...what kind of music do you like at your picnics?
Good old fashioned rock and pop. But if you want to throw in a few songs by these guys:



Well, I'm not going to complain.

4. A lot of music has a message about how the world should be, what song best expresses your world views?
My world views...hmmmm

Justin Hayward's The Way Of The World is quite nice. It's found on the CD, The View From A Hill.

I wonder if the Fool On The Hill sees the view the same way J'tin does... Hmmmm

0 comments: