Thursday, September 16, 2004

One more day...yipee!

Ok, I have mixes made, my bags mostly packed. I just have to get the incidental stuff together tonight, make up and that sort of thing. Squee! Squee! and Squee!

The camera is here and waiting. I've been updating my photoblog with old photos that some of you may have seen before.

Hopefully next week it will be full of lovely shots of flowers and Atlantic City madness. (If I'm not dodging too many raindrops)

I'm working on a difficult mix right now. It's of Western Cowboy songs done by British Boys. The western cowboy thing is a Lodgey-ism. Sometimes Lodgey says the silliest things.

But onto the task at hand. I've noticed that britboys and gentlemen like to do the country think at least once in their careers. Elvis Costello's done several albums with a country flavor, and Nick Lowe has as well. The most funny foray into the country world by a brit is George Harrison's Miss O'Dell. It's a b-side from the Bangladesh period, I think. Oh it's a hoot. George is the Texan from Liverpool.

Heck, even the Moody Blues have fallen pray to this. For instance, there's Send Me No Wine, a song that can get the whole house line dancing, but that's not all. There's the Hayward.

J'tin, J'tin, J'tin....the song is called I'm Sorry. If it weren't so cute I imagine he'd be sorry he recorded it.

"Lopsided lovin' got me in the end."

Brilliant lyrics...but don't blame J'tin, that tune's written by Hall and Oates.

Oh and it seems I'm the authority on Doremi Hayward again. Uh...erm. I love what people come here from via search engines. Some of them truly make me laugh. But well, back to Doremi.

I'm going to post a picture of her with her daddy. (the not so creepy one, picture that is, not her daddy.)

But first...everyone sing...in the key of Fountains of Wayne...

Doremi's Dad has got it going on....



But enough pointless rambling for now. I promise a more structured (HA!) post before I leave tomorrow.

0 comments: