Saturday, September 25, 2004

Pieces of You -- Utopia

Here's an interesting meme that got me thinking today. Click here to learn more.

What is your idea of Utopia? What would your Utopia have that this world doesn't?

My Utopia is a mixture of ideals and material things. The meme gives this definition:

Utopia
~ an imaginary place considered to be perfect or ideal
~ ideally perfect state; especially in its social and political and moral aspects

My imaginary place would be full of music. Musicians would be everywhere. I'd snap my fingers and there would be a concert.

Today Elvis Costello...Tomorrow The Moody Blues...The day after that..Erasure and Duran Duran.

There would be no difficulty finding CDs. Everything would be in print and available at every store.

~sigh~

I'm in heaven thinking about it.

It would be like the summer of love all over again. Make Love Not War would be the Ideal. And that would be the thing my utopia has that this world doesn't have. NO WAR! No senseless killing over WMD that don't exist.

This would be the symbol of my utopia

Make love not war

Beauty would be all around. People would be happy. They would be enjoying life. It would be like a beautiful day on the boardwalk in Atlantic City, all the time. Music...the Boardwalk...Peace...Love and above all else..in my utopia, George W. Bush would not be there.

But he would

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

and so would he..

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Along with Ray Thomas.

I wonder if in Utopia...they'd find the Lost Chord....

0 comments: