Monday, September 06, 2004

Labor Day Monday Madness

1. Please tell us a little bit about your job (or your classes).
My job is insane. I'm a secretary for a nearly bankrupt construction company. I work now, semi-part time out of my boss' home. The hours are awful, but even at part time the pay is better than what I could get elsewhere and it's close to home. ~sigh~

2. Do you enjoy your job?
It's the most entertaining job I've ever had. My boss is a very unique man. That's all I can say, as it is I've said too much.

3. What would make your job more satisfying for you?
Oh the little things like hours...I'd like 40 of them. Health care and vacation time would be nice too.

4. Name one thing you don't like about your job.
Only one? I'll go with my lack of hours, thank you very much.

5. Do you feel you are compensated adequately for what you do?
I'm adequately compensated...most definitely.

6. Any thoughts on social security and health benefits?
Health benefits? What are those? I worked for a company before my current job where the health care cost 2 days pay and the coverage was crap and so was the prescription plan. Something has to be done.

7. What are your thoughts on the current minimum wage?
What is it now? 5.50? 5.25? I pity anyone that is working for such a pittance, unless it's a part time job to pick up extra cash. No one can live off that.

8. What kind of advice do you (or would you) give your children regarding their future and their career choices?
College is not for everyone, but education is. There are many other institutions that will get you moving in the right direction. Make wise choices and try to have an idea of what you want to do before selecting a school.

9. What is your 'dream job?'
I want to be the "Free Sample Lady" at Walmart. No one hates the "Free Sample Lady."
I want to be a writer actually...but that's truly just a "dream."

10. At what age will you be (or were you) able to retire?
With my luck, I'll be working until I drop dead.
~sigh~

0 comments: