Thursday, September 30, 2004

Anywhere But Here

I'm tempted to do one of my little dream sequences. You know, when you dream up a story about where you'd really like to be, mix in a little fantasty and voila, you have a spectacular post.

But I know where I want to be right now and that is Glasgow. And if you have to ask why this girl wants to be in Scotland or Scotchland as Greg Proops would call it, you don't know me very well.

So, the Moody Blues are starting their fall tour tonight. They are also doing another fan gathering for the opening of Threshold Records in a few days.

I'm going to try not to grumble. UK fans don't see them that often, which is kinda odd. Most of the time for artists that are from the UK, it's the US that gets neglected, unless they are a super group.

But I keep thinking, during their last European stint, Justin put Forever Autumn into the setlist. FOREVER AUTUMN!! And if he puts Haunted in from Strange Times (again) I think I'll cry.

When I bought the Royal Albert Hall concert on DVD, Haunted was the song I fell in love with. It's just a beautiful love song and it has these cute fingersnaps in it. Plus, who wouldn't want to hear the Hayward sing that he was Haunted by their love? Probably the same people that think Deep is an embarrassing song.

I'm digressing.

I'm just missing my moody men.

While I'm at it, I'm also missing a certain gentlemen who goes by the name Elvis Costello. Crikey, it's been 2 years since he's been to Pittsburgh. I should start tapping my foot.

No, it wouldn't be worth it. We still don't have a theater for him to play in. (And lord knows I don't want him to play Heinz Hall or the Benedum Center) Neither are good venues for concerts, though I'm expecting to see a special band there sometime in the next year.

Have I digressed again?

Yes, I have.

All because I want to be anywhere but here...and anywhere but here with these guys...



0 comments: