Friday, September 10, 2004

The Harem Tour Comes To Pittsburgh

I hate when I have no notice about things like this. I love love love Sarah Brightman, but the tickets go on sale on Monday, and there's no way I can conjure up the money for the show.

I guess it's one of the pitfalls of seeing the band that I love twice this year. A little piece of Music Whore trivia for you. The only band that I saw twice in the same year was the Monkees in 1986.

No band has ever had that distinction, until now.

Hmmm The Moodies and The Monkees, maybe it's a "M" thing.

But back to Ms. Sarah. I just checked ticketmaster, and I've sufficiently recovered from heart failure. Bad seats are 35. (oye...6th row at Chevrolet Amp for the Moodies cost that much) Good seats? Try 100 big ones.

It's a good thing I wasn't planning to buy tickets.

Ah, but I have to share a picture of the lovely Sarah, because she's one of my favorite female vocalists.



Her voice is capable of so many wonderful things. If you go through her recent recordings you'll find pop, new age, classical and dance. And to think in 1986 she was Christine Daae in Phantom of the Opera.

I wish the money fairy would visit so I could see her, but alas..I had the Moodies this year, so I can't ask for much more.

0 comments: