Wednesday, September 22, 2004

The summer sun is fading as the year grows old

And darker days are drawing near....

Just a reminder that today is the first day of autumn. I love this time of year. The changing of the leaves, the briskness in the air makes the days so wonderful and colorful. It also makes me start to look back on the year for a pre thanksgiving sort of thing.

For all my complaints, this has been a very good year, not money wise, but just in general. I've gotten to go places I haven't been in years and I got to go to some new places. I've discovered new things and new music. I've also rediscovered some places that I used to love.

This year has been full of firsts.

First trip to the Atlantic Ocean.
First trip to New Jersey.
First time working in Pittsburgh...even though it was a brief stint I did for my boss.
First vacation on my own (kinda sorta)

And to celebrate the beauty of the new season, I bring you the lyrics to Forever Autumn from War Of The Worlds...

The summer sun is fading as the year grows old
And darker days are drawing near...
The winter winds will be much colder
Now you're not here.
I watch the birds fly south across the autumn sky
And one by one they disappear.
I wish that I was flying with them
Now you're not here

Like a song through the trees you came to love me
Like a leaf on a breeze you blew away...

Through autumn's golden gown we used to kick our way
You always loved this time of year.
Those fallen leaves lie undisturbed now
'Cause you're not here

Like a song throught the trees you came to love me
Like a leaf on a breeze you blew away...

A gentle rain falls softly on my weary eyes
As if to hide a lonely tear...
My life will be forever autumn
'Cause you're not here!


And a picture of the handsome man that sings it...



0 comments: