Monday, September 20, 2004

Monday's screaming memes

Starting off with the Music Mambo.

1. What music makes you think of autumn? (Songs, genres etc...)
Well songwise, one particular song sticks in my mind, Justin Hayward's lovely Forever Autumn. Anyone that has a gmail account or enough email space that would like to hear this gem, leave a message and I'll email it to you. It's worth listening to. Very pretty.

2. What new releases are you looking forward to this fall/winter?
Elvis Costello - The Delivery Man (9/21)
Lara Fabian - A Wonderful Life (9/28)
Duran Duran - Astronaut (10/12 I think)
U2 - How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb

3. If you're making a road trip over a weekend, what music do you take with you if any?
I toss most of my mixes in the car if it's a spur of the moment thing. If it's a planned roadtrip, I burn a bunch of discs. I can assure you that The Moody Blues, Elvis Costello and Erasure are in the Bag O' CDs!

4. Does your musical mood shift in autumn? (Meaning do you listen to different types of music from season to season?)
Actually it does. I tend to go towards more laid back music in the autumn months, acoustic, celtic, very melodic stuff. In the summer I like bouncy happy music.

5. If you could see one band in the fall concert season, who would it be and why? (The band has to be currently touring)
Ok, where are my tickets to one of the Moody Blues shows in the UK? C'mon, I know someone wants to take me there!! Hmmm better go get that passport!

Bonus:

Make a perfect driving mix. Pick 15 songs that you love to hear while driving.


01. Elvis Costello - Monkey to Man
02. The Beatles - Drive My Car
03. The Moody Blues - Magic
04. Nick Lowe - The Rose Of England
05. Wilco w/Billy Bragg - California Stars
06. Diana Krall - I'm Coming Through
07. George Harrison - Any Road
08. Bernie Barlow - Good To Go
09. Jamie Cullum - All At Sea
10. The Moody Blues - Never Comes The Day
11. Tom Petty - The Waiting
12. Duran Duran - (Reach Up For The) Sunrise
13. Erasure - Don't Say Your Love Is Killing Me
14. Lara Fabian - Unbreakable
15. The Moody Blues - Send Me No Wine

Next up Monday Madness.

1. My computer chair is the most used piece of furniture in my house.
2. The one electronic 'gadget' that I use most often is my computer. (that is a gadget...)
3. My favorite appliance, and the one I absolutely cannot live without is the microwave.
4. One thing that I thought I just HAD to have at one time, and I now barely ever use, is my stereo. (I use my computer more)
5. I find it easiest to keep in touch with family and friends via email.
6. I own more cd's (or other music media) than I do shoes. (I own more cds than I do most anything, actually)
7. All my important addresses are stored in/on my computer. (are you noticing a pattern here?)
8. If I had to live without TWO keys on my keyboard, I would choose caps lock and control. (It's not as if control alt delete actually works)
9. I probably own about 4 pieces of software that I haven't used in years. (most of my software is used and erm...own as in buy? Ha!)
10. There are a few food items that I try NEVER to run out of, and those would be potato chips and coca-cola.

0 comments: