Sunday, September 12, 2004

Deep Thoughts

No, not really, but I fooled ya didn't I? It's a very humdrum weekend here. I took the nephew to the church picnic yesterday. We fed animals at the petting zoo, he took a ride on the pony and we gorged ourselves on hot dogs and hamburgers.

Next weekend will be different I hope. Friday after work I'll leave with my friend Mary for Atlantic City. We'll spend the better part of Saturday there before heading off to Kennett Square to Longwood Gardens, where we'll be most of Sunday before we start the drive home.

I'm already prepping for the trip. I have my weekend skin care pack bought, all my nifty little trial sizes. Now I just need to make several mix tapes and cds for the trip. Why both? The car we are jaunting off in only has a tape deck and I can't find my adapter which would prevent me from overusing batteries on the portable cd player. So I'm doing a bit of both.

I just have to figure out what clothes to take. This is more of a pleasure jaunt and there's no concert to attend this time round, so I don't need as many dresses, plus there's the iffy weather situation with that hurricane that should be dousing the northeast by the time we're preparing to leave. Yay! Rain. Thrillsville!

It will be interesting to see if Atlantic City is just as magical without the Moody Blues. Is it possible? I think so. Ok, I hope so.

Speaking of the Moody Blues...and when don't I? I had an odd dream about them and Elvis Costello last night. Weird, I know. I dreamt they were don't a concert together. Fun. Fun. Must have been all that hunting I was doing for the new Costello song. Still haven't heard the new single, yet I've heard almost all the tracks on the new CD live on one bootleg or another over the years. There aren't many "NEW" songs on this CD. Damn and Blast! That doesn't mean that the first thing I do after work on 9/21 isn't run out to Best Buy to grap that CD. (Because I'll be there) Just as I will be in October when the Duran Duran CD comes out!

And now for something pretty

0 comments: