Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Fly Me To The Moon

I'm preparing for my trip. Believe it or not I packed yesterday. Which means the weather is likely to go crazy by the weekend. Which I'm sure it will courtesy of the hurricane from hell, Ivan. I'm figuring the drive to New Jersey is going to be a soaker. Which is a shame, because I wanted some picture of the turnpike this time round. Who knows maybe Sunday will be OK.

The forecast for Saturday says showers, but who knows.

~sigh~

And while I'm on the subject of weather, these chilly mornings have got to go. I never know how to dress. If I dress warm in the morning, by afternoon I'm roasting and vice versa.

But now on to a subject near and dear to my heart, music and mix making. I'm going to do about a mix or two a day for my trip. The first one is another Driving Mix. Only this one has a theme of driving. Click here to see the tracks. I'm not doing artwork for any of these (unless someone wants one) until after the trip, because I'm probably just going to put them in a cd carry case for my trip.

Today's mix will be songs with the word "Moon" in the title. I'll have that one done tonight. I'll link it in tomorrow's post. BTW, the title of this entry is one of the songs I'm using in the mix.

One last thing, before I head out today. I'm working on a story right now and I'd like to pick up some new readers. Currently it's about 15 pages long. I'd like to have some new people reading it, but you have to promise to give feedback. I'll warn ya, its a bit of a romance, so there's sex scenes etc and fairly early on, but you'll understand why as you read the prologue. So any of you that would like to be a part of my work in progress, leave a comment and I'll send you the first 3 updates and put you on my list for the rest. I try to get 5 pages out every day, but it's more like every other day at this point.

Here's a little background on the story in case you're wondering...and yes, it was inspired by a certain blueish band..

It's the story of one woman who came of age in the 60's. She worked the club circuit in Philly and met an up and coming band from England...The Lion Hearts.

Cast of Characters

The Lion Hearts

Jamie Henton - guitar/vocals
Jonathan Lawton - bass/vocals
Reginald (Reggie) Thomas - percussion and other assorted instruments
Gordon Sedgewick - Drums
Nigel Evans - Keyboards (dare I say Mellotron?)

Deirdre Lang is the woman who weds Jonathan Lawton during the Lion Hearts heyday...After the band splits and her marriage crumples...she finds herself confronted with Jamie who she's always loved. They soon wed.

This is the tale of the 60's....friends...the music...and a love that grew out of all of those things...

Could these guys be Jamie and Jonathan?



I'll let you decide.

0 comments: