Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Long weekends can sure be tiring

Yesterday I wrapped up the holiday weekend by seeing Vanity Fair. A 2 1/2 hour historical film based on the novel by William Makepeace Thackery. All in all, I was pleasantly surprised at the film. I'm not a huge fan of Reese Witherspoon, but there was so much eye candy in the film that I could put that aside.

Now I'm attempting to tackle the original novel which is about 900 pages long. It's quite a good thing I like to read. But after watching Van Helsing and Bram Stoker's Dracula earlier this year I learned something. Literature is damn hard to read. It took me over a week to get through Dracula, a novel that should have been finished in a few days. God knows how long it's going to take to read this one.

After the movie yesterday we went to Cold Stone Creamery. I managed not to get Nights In White Chocolate Ice Cream. Woot! But we did ponder, if Justin were to walk into one, would he get his for free? I think he should. After all, it's his song and he does look like he could use a few pounds these days.

On some other weekend notes. I bought 2 pairs of jeans Saturday night! Yes, you read that right, 2 pairs of jeans. And miraculously enough, they fit without me having to try a zillion and one pairs on. Yee Ha! Bigger plus they are a nice normal size, meaning the size didn't go up. Rejoice and be glad. (especially considering we went to Olive Garden for the never ending pasta bowl on Friday night)

Oh and I finally got Glenn Tilbrook's (from Squeeze) new CD, Transatlantic Ping Ping. There's a song on this one that is just a hoot. He was on a radio show in the UK that I listen to on occasion, Jammin', and he performed the song Genitalia of a Fool. Great song title and the lyrics are an absolute hoot. Finding that CD, made my Friday. (I've been looking for it for quite a while)

Now I'm just really really tired. I need a long weekend to recover from my long weekend.

0 comments: