Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Its nothing more than survival

I'm truly thankful for the people I talk to online because my regular friends make me scream.

Let me recap. The friend I mentioned a few posts ago, had to return the tickets for the concert we were supposed to attend Sunday night. (It was canceled and oddly canceled back in August, but no one knew about it) So I get all these phone calls about how she's never buying tickets from ticketmaster.

Uh, sweetie, not to worry. I'm not going to any other concerts with you. And I'm sure they thought it weird that she was waiting almost a month after the concert was canceled to get her refund.

It was just one of those stupid things that happened, but god, she's going to bitch about it for months to come.

Oddly I was kinda happy to learn the show was canceled. I didn't really want to go, and when I saw what the tickets cost, I boggled at why she bought them in the first place. D section in Mellon Arena was 65 dollars. WTF! You can't even see anything in D section. Phil would look like a flea, bopping around on the stage!

But really, I'm glad I have my online friends. For the most part, when I've needed someone to talk to that understood what was going on in my life, the people that are mostly strangers, helped more than that friends that were supposedly here for me.

ARGH! And for the most part my online friends don't bitch and moan 24/7. That I can't stand either. I'm sure you're wondering why this person is still my friend. I'm asking myself the same question.

Even I don't bitch and moan that much. There are things in life that make me smile. Lots of them even. Just look at my bloggy. The man on the template makes me smile oodles.

A certain amount of bitching and moaning is acceptable, but not constant, incessant, make me crazy bitching and moaning. It makes me wonder if she finds joy in anything. I mean her life is no better than mine, but she's got a steady job, a car that runs, a family that cares about her; there has to be something to be happy about.

I'm glad I have the music and my writing. It takes me away from the crap I would otherwise be bitching about, and I think some people get enjoyment from my scribblings, so at least I've done something useful. After all, it's nothing more than survival...

0 comments: