Saturday, September 04, 2004

And in the morning of my life...and in the evening of my day

I spent most of last night working on the mix for the Harvest CD swap that I organized. I've got just about all the tracks ready, 16 so far, so I know I need a few more to fill the disc. (I like to have mixes that are at least 70 minutes long)

For Harvest of Song, all the tracks on the mix should get you into an autumn kinda mood or be "New to You" songs. I'm doing mine in the autumn mode, using songs with a heavily acoustic feel to them.

This is what I have so far...

Justin Hayward - Lay It On Me (and you thought I was going to use Forever Autumn)
Erasure - Love Me All Night Long
George Harrison - Lay His Head
Elvis Costello - Brilliant Disguise (an interesting Springsteen cover)
Bernie Barlow - Golden
Fleetwood Mac - Say Goodbye
Midge Ure - Fields of Fire
Diana Krall - Stop The World
Eric Clapton - My Father's Eyes
Robert Plant - Ship of Fools
Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers - Learning to Fly
Glenn Tilbrook - Genitalia Of A Fool (this song is hilarious)
Terri Clark - Girls Lie Too
Crowded House - Mean To Me
Tabitha's Secret - 3 a.m. (the original version pre-matchbox twenty)
The Graces - Out In The Fields

Now I have to get all the tracks in my Roxio program to see how much time I have left. Then I have a few cds to burn for some other friends as well. Looks like my weekend is going to be spent burn baby burning. I do hope to see Vanity Fair either tomorrow or Monday, just not sure if I'll get the chance. Must keep the fingers crossed for that one.

Now I'm off to find artwork for the mix. BTW, I got my ink cartridges yesterday. Yay!

0 comments: