Wednesday, September 15, 2004

The countdown begins

We leave in just two more days for Atlantic City. My traveling companion tells me they'll only hold the room til 10:30 p.m. and that the Miss America pageant is there this weekend.

Yay! And I mean that yay in the snarkiest, beauty pageants make me sick to my stomach kinda way. The good thing is the pageant is there the whole week, so most likely by 9 or 10 p.m. on Friday some of the madness will have faded. The parade is Friday afternoon, so most of the people going will probably already be there.

Why couldn't they put this stuff on the calender when you make reservations?

Ah, I shall persevere and all will be well, I'm sure. It will just be a little more crowded than we had expected for mid-Sept. Hey we're only going to be there for a day anyway, and then we're going to head towards Philadelphia.

I made the Moon Mix. Go ahead, click the link, you know you want to. I'm going to do a few more mixes tonight and then start packing the incidentals for Friday.

The next mix I make will have the new Costello track. OK...maybe I won't make a mix just to put one song on it. I have the whole CD already, but Monkey To Man does lend well to driving.

But back to Elvis for a moment.To all of you out there pondering Costello's latest, which is due out next Tuesday here in the US, BUY IT! There's only one song of the 13 that I'm not to fond of and that's There's A Story In Your Voice. The only reason I don't care for it is that I don't really care for Lucinda Williams' voice and dear lord is that present on that song.

I'll give a run down on the CD next week, but I will say this, it's nice to see the Elvis I know and love back.

Oh and did I mention...TWO MORE DAYS TIL MY TRIP!

0 comments: