Friday, September 03, 2004

Chapter one: You didn't care at all...

I've been reading a lot lately. More than usual, and I'm a voracious reader. Sure its only romance novels, but its my escape, so I'll take it the way I like it.

I get lost so easily in the world of romance. Mostly because I know in real life these things just don't happen. Love isn't like it is in the books and neither is the sex. Lord knows, it would be nice if it was.

The scenarios are almost always the same, even for the best writers..

Poor young woman (or middle-aged woman..depending on the book) meets a wealthy, extremely handsome man.

The extremely handsome, wealthy man falls head over heels in love with her.

His social status etc don't seem to matter to him. I mean seriously, how many people with millions, etc want to fratrenize with us people down below?

(Why does the Blue Meanie come to mind as an example of one of those hoity toity people?)

But in fantasyland this can happen and love grows and brilliant magical sex ensues...

They overcome all hurdles, such as mothers, ex-girlfriends and other evildoers that obviously want the two not to be together. (and sometimes they even want one of them dead!)

Ah...if only life were so interesting. (Though I don't fancy someone wanting me dead)

But alas, it isn't interesting, so I have to live with knowing that my excitement has to come from finding stuff like this...



Out on October 12th with all 5 original members!

0 comments: