Saturday, April 17, 2004

A Random Obsevation

I've noticed this a lot, because I sit in front of the computer too much. Hopefully that will change in the coming week, but that's another story or rant altogether.

AIM Away messages: I have a friend that has one up almost 24/7 and it makes me wonder. Why keep the dang program up and running if you are going to be "away" all the time? It boggles the mind. Worse still, AIM now has another away type message so that you don't have the little yellow box by your name...so out of boredom you may IM a person...and then find, yup, they are away.

Yahoo is evil too. It doesn't have any such features...except maybe invisible, which is nice, but people can still find you online. Damn those offline messages. Those are another thing I don't understand. If I'm not online, why use them? Most people on my buddy list have my email, (probably 1 or 2 of them) so why not email me?

Oh yeah, that would be too easy. How could I have forgotten that?

That was my rant for today...I'll try to think warm fuzzy thoughts now.

0 comments: