Saturday, April 03, 2004

Meet Bernie

Yeah, so at 8:30 this morning, I'm outside, in the rain, taking pictures of the newish car. Ha! New!

Look, even the smiley knows better than to call it new. Bernie (and yes, it's a she...she's named after Bernie Barlow backup annoyance for the Moody Blues) is a 1990 Beretta. She does have my cd player inside, so that's a plus. She also has a sun roof, that's kinda nice and another plus is she only has 65,000 miles on her.

I have two ongoing jokes about cars in my life. The first one is that someday I may own a car with less than 50000 miles on it. Hey! I'm getting closer, be proud. The second on is that I may one day own a car that is less than 5 years old. Well Bernie is older than the last car.

Greta the Grand Am was a beautiful 94' teal green sedan. She was a pain in my butt, but I loved her dearly. Why because I'm a fool for pretty things.

Bernie is a gray Beretta.

~sigh~

I doubt highly that I'll ever come to love her as much as I did that stupid piece of junk, Greta. While waiting for the paperwork so that Bernie could be mine, I wandered out and sat in Greta for the last time, and I cried. My Greta is going to the junkyard. Poor sweet, always breaking down for some stupid reason, Greta is going to the junk yard!!

~wails~

See what many of you don't know is that I fought to get Greta. She was the newest car I've ever owned. I think she was only 6 when I bought her, and she was beautiful, but she was damn expensive and had high mileage. She's gone to the junkyard with 136,000 miles on her, only 40,000 of which were put on by me.

So before I lapse into another crying spell, let me introduce you to the new lady car in my life, Bernie





I hope she lasts a few years. God only knows when I'll be able to afford another one.