Friday, April 30, 2004

Happy That My Brain Still Lives Inside My Head

Jon did a fantastic and detailed post about what makes him happy. I doubt that I'll be able to make such long and detailed post. I'm not sure that there are that many things that make me happy.

I'll do it on a more entertainment oriented basis. After all, we know what some of the answers are going to be, perhaps you'll be surprised by others or even wonder if anything makes me happy at all.

Movies that make me happy:

Benny and Joon
Pirates of the Caribbean
Nightmare Before Christmas
Mars Attacks
Love Actually (Must get that DVD soon)

Books that make me happy:

The Phantom of the Opera
Anything by Anne Rice
Cheesy Harlequin romances

Music that makes me happy:

Don't Need a Reindeer - The Moody Blues (I still smile even though it's 80 degrees outside when my winamp shuffles this precious song on)

Ok ok, not many songs by the Moody Blues can really make you happy, most make you go....geeze these guys are sappy and depressed, but I don't care I love them anyway.

Blue Chair - Elvis Costello and the Attractions: No particular reason, but the man has a way with words and catchy tunes that will keep me singing all day. Much like the Moodies, his music isn't really "happy" but it makes me grin

The Mighty Quinn - Manfred Mann: Just listen to the song, you''ll understand what I mean. You'll probably also join me in singing "Come on without....come on within...You won't see nothin like the mighty quinn!"

Anything by Erasure - I swear Andy Bell the lead lovely is perpetually happy. You can't listen to Erasure and not smile.

Waiting on a Friend - The Rolling Stones: I'm not a huge Stones fan, but the ones I like always bring a smile to my face, add Start Me Up to the list as well.

Mayor of Simpleton - XTC: Fantastically lovely funny song. Very catchy and sweet. Love this band!

Jimmy Buffett - All of his music brings a smile to my face, but Fruitcakes, Cheeseburger in Paradise and Vampires Mummies and the Holy Ghost really make me grin

None entertainment things that make me happy:

Driving with the sunroof up on Bernie.
Shopping at Dots.
Long walks at the walking path in the neighboring town.
Writing.
Tiramisu.
Foamy (though foamy is technically entertainment, he still makes me happy)

I'm sure I could probably add some more to this list, but you get the idea of it now.

0 comments: