Saturday, April 24, 2004

My Top Twenty List Mix

Some people at Art of the Mix came up with the idea to make a mix of your 20 favorite songs. After I had a small aneurysm trying to imagine how this could be possible, I set to work on mine.

The hard part was getting the 20 artists that I found to be my favorites or did a song that had to be included in my most earth shattering music list.

This is how it ulitimately ended.

The Beatles -Think For Yourself
The Monkees - Saturday's Child
The Moody Blues - Gemini Dream
Herman's Hermits - Just A Little Bit Better
Manfred Mann - The Mighty Quinn (The Eskimo)
David Bowie - Life On Mars
ABBA - The Piper
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - The Waiting
Fleetwood Mac - The Chain
Nick Lowe - When I Write The Book
Cheap Trick - I Can't Take It
Elvis Costello - Just About Glad
Glass Tiger - I'm Still Searching
Duran Duran - None Of The Above
Erasure - Fingers & Thumbs (Cold Summer's Day)
Oingo Boingo - Try To Believe
Siouxsie & The Banshees - Slowdive
XTC - King For A Day
Semisonic - Chemistry
Matchbox 20 - Long Day

The mix runs about 77 minutes long.

The artwork can be found here. Oh and to explain the reason for that particular image, it had to be a dead celebrity, so who better than the man that sings the first song.

0 comments: