Sunday, April 04, 2004

Everyday Is Like Sunday

It's nice that they make Daylight Savings Time coincide with Palm Sunday this year. Which means I've slept through morning mass, because no one woke me. Grumble grumble.

If only this were one of those calm relaxing Sundays, but no. We have family visiting from OH that are here for my dads birthday, which was Friday. He turned 78. It's my brother's 2nd family. Allow me to explain that. Brother dearest has been married 3 times. I think when you were married for 20 years and your wife up and leaves you, it sends your world into a shambles completely. That's an altogether different story though.

He's here with his third wife, who we all adore and his two children from marriage number 2 that are 10 and 7. The house is a little rowdier than usual to say the least. And since I'm not one for playing with children, well only imagine what a funfilled weekend this has turned out to be.

I haven't even driven Bernie around the block since I put gas in her Friday night. Yup that's how exciting my life has become, putting gas in a 15 year old car is an event! Yee Ha!

Oh I did do something spectacular. Not really but it's worth mentioning. I finished reading Out of Africa. If you ever have insomnia, read this book. It's the second book this year to drive me close to insane. The first one was Stephen King's Dreamcatcher. I'm still trying to find a way to get that one out of my home. So now I'm onto reading The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood. I've had it for ages, but never read it, so it's next, and it's not a romance, so it falls under my regular reading for the year. Be proud, I'm keeping that New Year's Resolution.

In other happy news, the Atlantic City Tickets for the Moody Blues go on sale tomorrow. I'm so scared. I want good seats. I want to see my J'tiny Poo and Lodgey! I know better than to expect the wonderful time I had in Youngstown to repeat itself, but a girl can dream. A girl can dream endlessly about a tall man with curling gray hair and a warm cashmere coat that was so warm that you just wanted to snuggle into it and follow him wherever he went. Not to mention, he was a hottie.

LODGEY I NEED YOU AND YOUR COAT NOW!!!

~cough~

I'm fine, just a bit cold here today in PA. All will be well soon I hope.

0 comments: