Friday, April 09, 2004

It's Starting To Come To Me

Finally after almost discarding this story, I'm getting deeper into Not My Slave. So far none of my inspiration has come from a song. How totally amazing is that? For two days now I've been adding pages in leaps and bounds. Leaps and bounds being 2 - 5 a day. I'm quite pleased with that. I'll be adding an additonal chapter to what I've already written as well. That brings me some joy.

Not My Slave was started when I was deeply into Danny Elfman and Tim Burton, not saying I'm not deeply into them now, it's just they aren't high on my lust lists or must see lists. (OK...Big Fish was...nevermind)

The pace of this story was fast from the start and I've been working dilligently to slow it down, while my minions read Broken Dreams. Do you mind being minions? I've always wanted minions of my very own. I'm looking forward to your reactions to the characters and what you think might need changed.

But back to Not My Slave again. Once I started back to writing, I realized I needed to change one character, and since I couldn't drop the main one, Nicholas Davenport (my redheaded vampire), I had to dispatch Patrick. His character won't be in the revised version I'm sorry to say. With the turn the story is taking, Angelina needs a stronger protector, I have a picture of the man my mind wants in this role. It won't resize nicely, so I can't post it here. Leave a comment if you'd like to see him. (and no he's not Justin Hayward)

Once I had this in mind, the story has started to come together, for the first time in 3 years. So wish me luck.

0 comments: