Thursday, April 15, 2004

A Musical Fantasy Ride

And because life is so unexciting for me, lets play a little game called Anywhere But Here. It seems a lot of people are playing it right now, I've seen it being played in at least two blogs in the past few days, so I'm going to jump on that follower bandwagon that I so easily jump on and play it myself.

But why does the Music Whore need to have an Anywhere But Here fantasy?

Cos she doesn't have a funfilled life, that can keep her mind occupied on other things. So allow me to lose myself into the fantasy world I so adore.

I've hopped on a plane and even in my fantasy, I'm deathly afraid to fly. I'm clutching at my seat muttering Hail Marys and Our Fathers and any other prayer that will pass my lips at the time. I'm so engrossed with my sudden religious devotion that I don't see another passenger take the seat next to me.

"Are you praying because you're scared to fly or because they might try to take your trousers off again," he mumbles.

I turn around and I see the most beautiful blue eyes I've ever seen sitting beside me. I do a double take, because it cannot be who I think it is. After all, he'd be sitting in first class.

I stop my praying and give him a further inspection. Not able to help myself, I blurt, "You sure look like Justin Hayward. Consider yourself the second luckiest man on the planet, god isn't that kind twice."

Well the gentlemen smiles very sweetly and replies, "Well thank you but no, I'll consider myself the first luckiest man on the planet because I am Justin Hayward."

My jaw hits the floor and I look at him in disbelief. "No you can't be Justin Hayward. The next thing you know, John Lodge will be sitting on the other side of me, and you'll try to serenade me with something off of Strange Times, or better still, you'll sing Gemini Dream."

I continue to blush at my cheekiness, especially when a man looking suspiciously like John Lodge steps over me, giving me a beautiful view of his leather clad rearend. I long to reach up and grab it, but I think twice and instead focus on the man who claimed to be Justin.

"I didn't know that we were taking requests, I don't have old red with me, so I'd have to do anything acapella." He leaned forward. "John, the lady would like us to serenade her."

John flashed me a dazzling grin and I sunk down deep into the cushions of my seat. These men were the Jays!

"No really, you don't have to but..." An evil grin spread across my face, "If you want to sing Don't Need a Reindeer, feel free to do so."

"But my dear it's the middle of April..." he starts.

"Ah, but that's the one I want to hear," I reply with a pout. So the man launches into the most infectuous Christmas song ever written. By the end of the second verse the whole plane is singing "Don't need a reindeer, don't need the snow....tell me you love me and I'm ready to go."

The passengers on the plane burst into applause when he finishes. I have a broad smile on my face as well, because I'm sitting between the Moody Blues Jays. It can't get much better than this. But wait, it does, because both Jays lean in and kiss me on the cheek. I nearly pass out from the excitement, but Justin's still holding my hand, and I don't want to miss a minute of it, so consciousness rules.

We fly off to England where I end up spending a fun filled week with my moody jays. Doing things that Moody Bitches only imagine doing. Life couldn't be better than that....and why? Cos I'm Anywhere But Here.....and I'm with the Blue Jays!

0 comments: